Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday Stash

Me and my stash - again!  It has been growing, darn it, not reducing.  I shall have to put myself n a yarn diet for another year.  Ha, ha.  That actually sounds as though I will be consuming yarn rather than not buying, doesn't it?  Honestly?  I'll probably be doing a bit of both.  But for now, I thought I'd share a few of the projects completed last fall.  Of course, there are always a couple on the needles, too.


First up is a second pullover dress for little sister in that pale blue yarn.  What you can't see is that she immediately shed her clothes to try it on and pose for the camera.  I like this pattern...so easy.   I like how it turned out  and did use up a fair bit of yarn.  There is still some blue left, though!

A scarf in Poems sock yarn that I bought in Spokane.  Love the mix of green and blue. Pattern is by Kate Poe and, again, fairly easy.

Mitts for wearing even if you're hands are not cold. These were made for my Lego-maniac grandson.  Just a bit of fun.  Thanks for the perfect Lego yellow yarn, Deb.  Pattern is here.


For my birthday, I received The Great Oddments Knitdown...yup, thanks to Deb again.    I had the perfect yarn in my stash for the Fairy Snowcap...and the perfect grand-daughter to wear it. 


More stash-busting in the Sockhead Hat.  I used leftovers from three sock yarn projects and knit this up for grand-son.  It is really, really slouchy but could be rolled up a lot for more of a toque. 


And, right now, I have a new project, Jeweled Cowl, just waiting to jump on the needles.  I have the skein wound into a ball.  I have the beads.  I have the circs and the .75 crochet hook.  Now I just have to cast on 200 stitches and get going. The flag has dropped, Wendy.

There's more but it'll have to wait until next week.  I'm still catching up with blogger.
















6 comments:

Mimi said...

Ah that little dress is so cute! No wonder she ditched the clothes in favour of it!
Stephanie, I have missed your stash posts, it is so good to see one again.
And that cowl? so very beautiful! I'm tempted to start one with some cashmere I have left over!

Joyful said...

Wonderful projects. I love that little dress and the two little girls are so adorable. I'm really liking the slouch hat too.

Rose said...

Hi, happy new year, and welcome back!! All of your projects look beautiful!

Paws on the Run said...

Whoo hoo! Can't wait. Love the sock head hat!

Empty Nester said...

Cutest kids EVER! And so are those adorable little dresses! Happy New Year! Can't wait to see all of your amazing 2014 projects come to life!

play bazaar said...

Don't get too personal with the people you work with. playbazaarIt's best to keep things professional at all times with the people you come into contact with. Personal relationships can get in the workplace. Avoid the risk your position.satta king

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin