Monday, December 15, 2008

Together at last


I know it doesn't look very together and the squares weren't connected in the photo. But I needed to figure out what kind of sashing and border to put on the rug. So, I laid the blocks out and took a lot of pictures with different fabrics. This gold and navy combination seemed best.

So, now, I've basted together the burlap (and two linen) borders of each block and cut the strips. I started hooking the gold last night but it's going to take a while. This is definitely going to be the hard part. This rug is a bit larger (44 x 30 in) than most that I do. I would still like to have this done before Christmas but I may be over-optimistic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, it will be great.

Paws on the Run said...

I think the one in the bottom right is my favourite! It is going to look great.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin