Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Clearer


They say a picture's worth a thousand words. I'm counting on that being true.

I've been explaining to people my vision for this rug design and it's quite difficult to understand, it seems. So, show and tell time.

I love the rocks which seem so smooth and rounded just as a rock in a stream would be. And I also like the stream itself but I'm not sure it's meeting my vision. My intent was to have the water run diagonally across the rug, splitting and flowing around the rocks. The fabric, which is otherwise perfect, has quite small color squares and so it's difficult to make a continuous flow of one color. Right now the flow is apparent but when it the design starts to fill up it may not be so clear. I think this is one of the downsides of the two-fabric challenge but I'll continue to hook on.

So, does that help?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin