Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday wonder


E is for End...

This sign caught my eye yesterday and inspired today's post. End sounds so final but as I searched for photos, I discovered that ends always lead to a beginning. The 'end of the line' is the last stop that the old streetcars made. Once you got off the tram, though, you began a new adventure of walking through the forest.


Here's an end that looks pretty final -

but it can be spliced and knit.

This kind of end always holds the promise of return...


A tree cut down will become a home for seedlings and forest animals...


There's always another story...


... 'tail-ends'. Where's the tail in this Douglas fir cone? The aboriginal people here tell a legend about the mice who ran into the fir cone to escape from a hungry fox. The cone was too small, though, and the tails and hind legs didn't quite fit. We can see them still in every fir cone.

2 comments:

Rudee said...

I liked this post...it was very thought provoking. Endings are new beginnings has been my mantra this month. At least that's what I tell myself when I awaken worried about my daughter.

Joanna said...

Nice to think about the ends also being beginnings. I look forward to your Sunday wonders.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin