Saturday, June 27, 2009

Babies

Today, I got up early to wish my first baby a happy birthday. It doesn't seem like 36 years ago that she was this age. Apparently, time flies regardless of the fun you're having.

One of our staff had her first baby last week, and I was reminded of how little girls are so special to their dads, especially if they look like them. Even though her daddy didn't realize it then, our little girl had him wrapped around her finger right from the start.



The hairstyle earned her the nickname of Herbie who was a cartoon character from my parents' day. Reference was completely lost on me but it became their nickname for her no matter how old she was.

The rocking horse was a special mail-order from some more sophisticated city than Vancouver was in those days. Funny to think of all the things that were so unavailable to us that we take for granted now. But I digress....

Happy Birthday, Kitty! I'm so glad you're in my life - you've taught me a lot.

3 comments:

Rudee said...

Happy Birthday, Kitty!

Paws on the Run said...

Happy Birthday Andrea!

Andrea said...

Awww, thanks Mom. I only just saw this and it brought a tear to my eye! You're a great mom! Love you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin