Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday wonders - G


G is for Ghosts, Ghouls, Graveyards and downright Gruesome.
Last night was Hallowe'en and, unusually, it didn't rain.  So, setting up those decorations was fun - not a chore.  Here's what was going on at my sister's house this year.





Step into my parlor...




Meet the family...




Just chillin' in the autumn sun...




Watch out for the cat...




There's a resident witch just hangin around....




And something big and scary that you'll have to walk under...



Something little - and even scarier - that pops up...




Ma & Pa waiting for the trick-or-treaters...




Will they be scared?  I'm not sure about that.  Look across the road.  It all seems so benign at 4 in the afternoon.


4 comments:

Mimi said...

It all seems so benign at 4 in the afternoon....but wait till dark, and the slightest shadow will spook you out!
It pelted rain here, but that didn't stop trick or treat here in Celtic Ireland, where, some (http://www.wilstar.com/holidays/hallown.html ) say, halloween originated!
Fantastic decorations at your sister's, Stephanie.

Rudee said...

Wow! You went all out! It looks like it was a fun day at your place. I'm sure all of the kids, young and old, enjoyed your efforts.

J Diva said...

Yay!!! My house!!! I love how my mum goes big for Hallowe'en!

Lindy said...

Great decorating job! I'm sure the trick or treaters thought it was great. Never saw displays like that when we were kids, 40+ years ago! LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin