Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Seal of approval

A few years ago, we were out on a Saturday morning enjoying the garage sales.  We happened to admire this plant in one of the vendor's gardens...



We knew it was a kind of Solomon's seal but were only familiar with the wild ones we'd seen in the forest.  And they were called False Solomon's seal.  We were excited to see the real thing!


The woman who gardened promptly offered us some plants.  No, she insisted that we take some! 

They do multiply but very slowly.  We had about three plants originally and now we have about 9.  So, not really invasive.  But so pretty in a fresh green way. 


I love the shapes and textures of the leaves - and the beautiful way that they catch the spring light.

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are lovely and unusual. I wonder where they got the name. I love the last photo!!

Jeannette StG said...

Wow, I've never seen these. Beautiful and unusual combination of flowers and leaves! Thanks for sharing:)

EG CameraGirl said...

That was a very thoughtful gift. I have some in a garden that faces easterly and they bloom there for quite a long while every spring. Mine are not flowering yet. Yours are beautiful!

me ann my camera said...

very lovely. We have this plant in our garden too. It was given to us by a neighbour. It thrives well in our garden, but it will be a while before it is in bloom this spring. Plants that are gifts are treasured ones. I have a lot of good memories in my garden. Thsnks for your visits to my blog. Ann

Rudee said...

It's a beautiful plant with an intriguing name.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin