Friday, July 30, 2010

Salad Days

I don't usually do recipes...but after Gill's question about the grated beets,  I thought I'd share two wonderful salads that fed our multitudes.  And there were leftovers.

Deb brought pre-mixed dressings for both of these recipes.  Summit Salad includes grated beets, carrots and chickpeas and is really, really good.  Click the link for the recipe.

And I had to grate those darned little carrots for this recipe, too.  Hail to the Kale is mostly about the kale but it also has a mountain 3 cups of  the orange bits.  Deb also did the seed roasting at home which made it easy to put together.  Again, click the link for the recipe.

Enjoy!  We did.

4 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

They both sound really good. I really like your new header.

Jeannette StG said...

Summit Salad looks very doable and tasty! One question: I thought balsamic vinegar IS red wine vinegar? Thanks for sharing!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for these recipes, we eat a lot of salads in the summer. And I LOVE your new header!

Gill - That British Woman said...

not sure about the kale one, but I do like the sound of the Summit Salad, thanks for posting hte links.

Gill

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin