Saturday, September 18, 2010

Not so new

I am still knitting.  I seem to be disappointing all those friends who have been waiting patiently to see some.


My Wowser socks are truly plodding along.  I am on sock number two.   BTW, Deb says that they look way, way better in person than in the photo.  I just know the photo color isn't quite right...imagine a bit brighter and lime-ier.

For at least two days I haven't knit a stitch.  I've been so busy - and then so tired - that I couldn't even think about having to concentrate on that  pattern.  Many knitters have several projects on the needles so that there might be one relaxing knit for those busy days when the brain function is low.  I haven't figured out how to do that.  Oh, I've managed to get two and sometimes three projects on the go.  But then, I get stuck into one and it's finished - usually the simple one!  I haven't quite got to the step where you start another simple one.  I just move on and finish the other two in order.


So, here I am getting ready for another project.  Look at  this yarn I got  from Wendy.  It was my gift at our Unbirthday celebration when we were vacationing at the cottage this summer.  It's lovely and squishy and the colors are so pretty.  The name says it all: Yummy!


Of course, I need a yummy pattern to go with it.  So I went browsing through my Knitcircus  e-magazine patterns.  Remember the subscription that I won?  Click on the link and you can read some great knit and yarn articles and see some fabulous patterns.  What I won were the patterns...what a prize!  Anyway, I have chosen Jane Prater's In the Clover just because I was so lucky.  And it's a nice pattern with a nifty new heel type for me to play with.  Check out the Fall Issue with an interview with Cat Bordhi (queen of socks) and an article on chart-making.  And a bunch of other good stuff.

And, for the record, I did have some easy projects to relax from the first Wowser but they're gifts and so I can't post the photos.  You never know who's looking, do you?

9 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful socks Stephanie! The 'Yummy' yarn looks truly delicious too.

Anonymous said...

Wowser looks wonderful. So does the new pattern and yarn. Where is the Wowser pattern from?

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your new yarn is called Yummy, and so it is. You always pick the BEST colors!! Are you going to buy that yarn in the second picture? That would be so ptetty for fall, I love the color!

Rudee said...

I love all of those socks, and now that I read this, I'm reminded that I just got the knitcircus fall delivery in my email. I was so busy that day, I paid it no mind.

I can see why neither of these socks would be a restful knit. Definitely more for mindful knitting.

That said, I just cast on another Baby Surprise Jacket today. It'll be my second, but the yarn is much finer. I'm hoping to have it done by Monday, but then I have been known to have delusions of grandeur when it comes to my knitting. Ha!

Have a great weekend, Stephanie!

Mimi said...

Wowser will be spectacular when you've knitted it up.
I'm still trying to get myself as far as the attic to get down some wool for a mini-project- taking a long time (like over a year!).

Catherine said...

I love those socks! I have started a second sock in my new craze - these are lacy Cascade pattern socks - lovely. I think it's great fun and there are so many lovely patterns there. Wish I could get good wool, it's hit and miss here.
All the best, Catherine.

Jeannette StG said...

The yarn is beautiful! Believe it or not, it's the colors that make me buy them -and of course, I do have to knit them then:)
BTW I like it, even if your sock was this muted sage kinda green! I probably can't handle a pattern like that yet:)

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love those socks, you are so talented........

Gill

Catherine said...

Stephanie they are fantastic! The cables on the Wowser socks are beautiful and I wonder if I'd ever have the patience or skill to do them! I must update my blog on my latest fad the knitting two socks at a time method from a new book I got! Is the other pattern in Ravelry? Lovely too:)
Catherine xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin