Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wahoo!

I did it!  I have my first published pattern available on ravelry.  This is the first pattern I've ever written up in a complicated proper format.  It's a lot harder than I expected.  And this was just a sock.  I have nothing but jaw-dropping admiration for those who can create and write up those beautiful sweater patterns in different sizes.  Way too much math for me.


Back to the pattern...it's taken me most of the morning but I've finally got it up there.  Click here for the link  to download the PDF pattern for Windwalker Socks.  Please let me know if you find any errors or if something doesn't make sense.  Happy knitting!

8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Congratulations, this is so cool!!! Do you get paid? So now you are a published author!

Stephanie V said...

This is a free pattern. I have used so many free patterns myself; I felt I should give back.
Isn't blogging a way of being published?

Rudee said...

I am so knitting these. Thanks for the freebie!

Theres just life said...

Cool socks. I crochet but would love to learn to knit. There are just some patterns you can't convert properly.

I know if I mastered this my family would love the socks. Ah who am I kidding I would love these socks.

Pamela Jo

Unknown said...

Congrats Stephanie! That's an accomplishment (especially if you don't like math:) ). Like Rudee, thank you!

Paws on the Run said...

Very cool! Congrats. I'll be sure to follow them on Ravelry to see all the raving reviews.

Jane said...

Beautiful! Congratuations. :-)

Mimi said...

Congratulations Stephanie!
That is a fantastic achievement. I've written up a few patterns in my day (long ago, by hand!) and it's hard going, the knitting bit is easier!
If I knit another pair of socks (ever!), these will be the ones.
Do you feel like a parent of a newborn all over again?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin