Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Front porch chattin'

Oh, I thought it was the wrong day!   Then, I walked down the road but no one seemed to be home.  Except for Wendell, of course.  He's got an interesting style of hosting. Invited us to the barn, offered his own hay... good thing Patrice showed up.  So, here we are and the chat has started right in. 


What's your favorite day of the week? Why?   I'm not sure I have a favorite day of the week, really.  I do love those 'bonus' days when you have an unexpected day off from something you do on a regular basis.  Sort of like a snow day off from school.  I can just read or knit the whole day away. 

What's your favorite Christmas movie?  Again, no real favorite.  I don't really like the modern movies much, they're pretty silly.  So, I think if I were going to be asked to choose, it would be almost any of the old black and white movies.  They all have a gentleness and  a seriousness that I find appealing. 

Is there a Christmas Carol that's special to you?  Right now, I'm practicing 'Once in Royal David's City' for my piano workshop in December.  So that gives it a specialness right now.  And I guess I have some special feeling for it since I chose it from all that were in my book to play that day.  

Is there an art or craft that you'd love to be able to do? Oh, I'd love to be able to weave.  But it takes up so much room.  And I already take up a lot of room with knitting, quilting and rug-hooking.  Even if I'm not always active, the materials don't take up less room while they wait for me to come play with them.  
 
Do you have a live Christmas tree or an artificial one? Artificial because of allergies.  And, small because of lack of space for a big tree.  Did someone say maybe I should shove some wool aside? 


And now it's time to go visiting everyone.  If you want to join in, just hop over to Everyday Rurality...we're still talking. 

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We have a smaller artificial tree, too. Same here with the allergies. My favorite carols would be "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" and "O Holy Night". I wish I could hear you play, you and Phil could do a duet!

Patrice said...

I think some of the black and white Christmas movies were the best. I'm glad you stayed for the chat. Wendell does his best!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I like the old movies too - It's a Wonderful Life in particular!

Farm Girl said...

How funny that you have so much wool that you would have to shove it aside.
I wish I had that problem.
When you said Christmas movies in Black and White I thought of Christmas In Connecticut, One of my favorites. I love that movie.
I have enjoyed visiting today. Weaving used to be on my list, but I just think it would take up to much room too.

Empty Nester said...

I put the wedding photos up so I'm just putting my answers in comment sections. LOL If I could play the piano well, I'd be playing Christmas songs all year round!

1.Wednesdays- because that's when the college group comes over for dinner! When the girls were little, it was Friday because it was the last day of school for the week and the weekend was here!
2. That's impossible for me to narrow down- A Christmas Carol (all versions); Christmas Vacation; Love Actually; The Bishops Wife; A Christmas Story; etc. I just can't narrow this one down!
3. I really like them all but I do have two favorites: I Came Upon a Midnight Clear and O Holy Night. I loved hearing my dad sing those when I was little.
4. Yes, quilting. I would LOVE to quilt.
5. We go artificial on both because of the year we had TWO live ones die on us!

Cindy said...

I imagined not only you pushing the wool aside but you had a shovel in your hands while doing it, don't know why, perhaps I'm a little leery about Winter. I'm not sure I know "Once in Royal David's City," I'll look it up and hum a bar or two. Someone tried to show me a new craft one time, oh it was paper making... oh gee like I can take on a something else, I figure stick to what you know and do one thing well. My tree is artificial as well, no allergies I just like to have it around a long time and boy what a mess, however I don't have any carpets these years and I'll think about going back.

Rudee said...

You know, you could always get a rigid heddle loom. Takes up no space at all, especially if you store it on its end in the corner and ignore it. Reminds me...I really should either take a class, or sell that thing!

I love the old Christmas classics, too. I adore Pocketful of Miracles and Heidi. I should find them online.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin