Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday wonders - E

E is for Excitement.


Two days ago, I wasn't feeling all that Christmassy.  Then I got out the boxes.  The big party isn't at our house this year, so we're being somewhat minimalist.  I put out a line of small poinsettias...so far, so good.


Then, those Santas which made me smile.  And remember.  This collection started many years ago and each one has a story. 


As did the three nativity sets that I've put out.  I remember kids playing with the wooden scene.  The pink ceramic are so delicate and lady-like.  And I love the bright colors on the three tiny panels. 


Add our little tree, Dougie, and suddenly it's Christmas.  I'm pretty sure the excitement will grow more during the week as I make a few more preparations.  

6 comments:

Joyful said...

I'm sure it will too. Merry Christmas!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE your nativity set, I have been shopping for one this week! And the Santas, what a very nice variety, I like the one with the pointed head.

Cindy said...

There must have been something in the air, because it was 2 days ago for me also. Got some spirit, even though I'm pushing each day it really only put me in check two days ago. Had friends over to help decorate and the girls were here and helped also. Candles are lit and that Poinsettia I talked about in my blog that dropped all its flowers and is budding again was a Christmas Cactus I got them mixed up, thought you could use the laugh.
Have a good one,
cindy

Annie Jeffries said...

A tree named Dougie. How cute is that? :-)

Mimi said...

They're all gorgeous!
Nothing like a few decorations and some nostalgia to make us feel Christmassy.
I was arranging my Santa collection on the mantlepiece last night, and getting nostalgic for my last year's (I think) post on them. Must look it up, might even re-post!

Rudee said...

I love your Santas. They each look so interesting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin