Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Stash

Time once more for a stash report.  It's been a much better week. Not just more accomplished on the knitting front but overall a good few days. 

 
First up is The Little Brown Wren Wrap which is my version of Wingspan.  When I hear the word 'wingspan' I imagine a large bird, like an osprey or an eagle.  But a wren has a wingspan, too.  Can you see how protective this wing is, how sheltering?  I  used a couple of balls of sock yarn in a camouflage colorway.  I would liked to have had something a bit brighter but it's better to bust that stash.  So, I had not quite enough yarn to make an eagle wing. Since I could only get 3/4 of the length made, it becomes a wren.  I love how the dark bars stand out on each triangle.  A really easy pattern...I'm going to try dyeing some sock yarn and make another.  Later for that.


Plus, I finished the Green-winged Phoenix!  I love it.  I think it's one of the prettiest items I've ever knit.  It must be the colors.  It's soft and pretty warm for such a light piece.  It dries in about a half-hour which will make it perfect for our weather. 


Having yarn left over, I decided to make a pair of simple fingerless mitts.  Worked flat, with no thumb gusset just an opening in the seam, I present my Salsa Verde Summer Mitts.  I just used another of the old lace patterns in my book, added ribbing here and there and voila!  So easy.  These - and the shawl - are going with me on our holiday in Newfoundland & Labrador which begins...ta, da!... tomorrow night!  I figure the shawl can be a blanket, a scarf, or even a mosquito net.  And, since we'll occasionally be in boats looking for sea birds, the gloves make sense. 

Gotta go organize the packing now. 
 


3 comments:

Rudee said...

I love your version of Wingspan! The yarn is beautiful. And you finished the Green Winged Phoenix? Your needles must be smoking hot!

Paws on the Run said...

Love them all! Have fun!!!!!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I just love all three, some of the most beautiful things you have made!!! The first one looks so wonderfully hard, but I will take your word that it was not. Hope you have a fantastic vacation!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin