Friday, July 13, 2012

Sorting photos

When you have hundreds of photos on the cards, it takes a while to actually look at all of them.  Then there's the editing.  Aside from deleting the real bloopers, I haven't done much of that.  This is the flowery side of Newfoundland.


A beautifully scented rugosa. There were masses of them around this popular spot.  Perfect placement.


A cockleburr in the making.  Those spikes, while still soft,  are just starting to show their future strength.


Newfoundland has many native orchids.  This one grows in the bog and there are hundreds of them.  So tiny - no more than six inches high. 


Everywhere wild iris.  Always purple.


Don't know what this one is but it's so pretty. 


No flower but I do like the contrast of the fresh new growth and the scoured, dead wood behind it.


Gulls love sea urchins.   We saw the evidence of their gourmet delights  many, many times looking like some strange and alien flower on the shore.

6 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I know! I have a few hundred from last summer that I haven't yet had chance to sort and blog about!

Anonymous said...

I can't even look at my photos when I get home. I will be dropping off a book on Nfld history for you.

Mimi said...

If I had a $ for every photo I've taken, thinking "this will be lovely for a blog post"!!
And I'm not really into photography the way are Stephanie!
So, I can imagine it's a big job to sift through them.
The flowers of Newfoundland are beautiful, I love love love orchids! thought it would be too cold there for them to grow, but obviously wrong!

Tanna said...

Beautiful flora and fauna... ;) blessings ~ tanna

Empty Nester said...

Beautiful flowers! I've so enjoyed your vacay photos! Can't wait for more. Oh, and where will you be taking us next? LOL

Unknown said...

That cocklubur is a very interesting flower(? or plant). Have to say that I love self-striping yarn, so I don't have to weave in all those ends:) Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin