Friday, January 4, 2008

Read & rip



My Knitter's mag fell through the letter slot this morning...I'm always so excited to see what's new. But, I was a wee bit disappointed with the styles on offer this time. Reminded me of the late 80's when there were a lot of unwearable styles being designed. Or at least not wearable by anyone I might know. This is not usually the case, so I'm hoping it's a temporary thing. Heck, I only get it for the articles, right?

On the plus side, I did manage to get down to ripping apart several wool garments that had been collected over the last month. Such beautiful colors! I do still have to felt them.

I know there is a rug hooking goddess. The latest rug in progress needed some lovely gray-blue for the heron...and it just appeared when I needed it. And a sweater, too - my favorite material for hooking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I'll be able to read about the process of rug hooking.

deb said...

I didn't know sweaters were your favorite. You'll have to educate me on which ones work. One of our thrift stores sells "pre-felted sweaters" for 50 cents each - presumably for the crafty types :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin