Saturday, November 27, 2010

We have a winner!

I did tell you I was a morning gal and sure enough, I was up early this morning.  Only I couldn't get myself out of bed.  Every time I moved toward the edge, a muscle spasmed in my back and kep me pinned there.  Hey, you know what you need to do first thing in the morning, right?  Lots of incentive to push  through that pain.

And I did it!  But then, I had to walk bent over double.  I couldn't lift my arm, turn my body or stand up straight.  Cue the ambulance.  They got me out of the house with some nitrous oxide and I had my very first ambulance ride.  I don't recommend it although the conductor was very kind and encouraging. 

Then, of course, one waits in the ER for answers and help.  It's just a muscle so no need for x-rays.  After my shots of muscle relaxer and morphine, it didn't take very long for me to get back on my feet.  Home now, I've made my draw for the scarf giveaway.



Random Number Generator rotated the numbers, had a little think and spat out the number "1".  And, numero uno just happens to be Ginny.  Ginny, I will get this in the mail as soon as I can get to the Post Office.  And, since I know you've been ill, I hope this news cheers you up and you are 'in the pink' again, very soon.

Thanks, to every one who played along.  I wish I had a bunch more scarves to share.  This was fun and I was as excited about it as the entrants.  One of these days, there'll be another one.  There's always something to celebrate. 

As for me...I'm off to find those meds.  And maybe a nap.

11 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Jeez! I hope you are OK. Amazing what havoc one fall can create. Congrats to Ginny - I'm sure there are lots of jealous people out there! Me included. :)

Penny McKinlay said...

I'm so sorry that the fall caused such pain. I'm glad it's muscles not bones, but it's no less painful. Hope you feel better soon.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! When I looked at this scarf, I could not believe how georgous the color is!! You know that's one of my very favorite things about your knitting, the colors you pick! I stared at it, wishing I had it, then what a shock to see that I won!!! It is georgous and I will treasure it so much that I will be afraid to wear it!! Almost, he he!! I think I've stripped my throat from trying to scream, I screamed at hubby and I know he thought I'd seen a spider and came running! You need my address, I'll check my e-mail and see if you've sent me something. How are you now? I cannot BELIEVE that you went to the E.R., then came home and did a post!! You really have guts!! I wonder if this has something to do with your fall? A heating pad may help, Dr. Oz said yesterday that is the best thing for muscle stuff.

Angie said...

Sorry to hear about your fall & ride to hospital. Hope the pain goes soon. A bit of R&R needed!

Rachel Cotterill said...

I'm sorry to hear about that - but I hope you're okay now. Beautiful scarf :)

Anonymous said...

What a way to start a new day on; but you are right, it could have been much more bad! I hope you don't feel pain anymore ;-)
The scarve winner is lucky!

Rudee said...

I missed your post about the fall. I'm so sorry nobody came to your aid.

Since it's still so fresh, use ice, ice and more ice. Wait a few days for heat.

Hope you're feeling better, soon.

Congrats to Ginny!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. I hope you are moving better today.

Gill - That British Woman said...

congrats to Ginny......

Gill

Catherine said...

a comment disappeared into cyberspace now. Just wanted to say Lucky Ginny - what a great scarf and you are very kind to give it away. Also I didn't know you had a fall as I've not been reading much lately on blogger, so get well soon!
Catherine xx

Mimi said...

Beautiful scarf, Ginny is a lucky gal!
Sorry that you've been in pain, Stephanie. I wonder is your body screaming after yesterday's fall?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin