Thursday, October 15, 2009

Power of suggestion

So, here I am looking at something new from that Interweave Knits mag.  I haven't finished the first KAL project yet - my  Farmers Market Cardigan.  A little hiccup in the cable trim which is annoying me.  It will work out.

When Rudee mentioned the Fair Isle hats, I went looking.  I'm not a big fan of knitting Fair Isle and usually don't care for the yolked sweaters.  But...this morning Knitting Daily was talking about how good this pattern looks on us sturdy gals and I thought: why not? The colored yolk reminds me of a rainbow spider web.




Oh, how fickle and easily distracted I am.  I'm planning the colors in my head now.

7 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

OH but it is a very pretty sweater. Perhaps you could make it in a lovely color...would you like to know my size?? ;~)

Andrea said...

Just a warning mom - I don't know if you've ever had a sweater with that type of design around the neck, but I have and it's very unflattering! Given that our shape isn't all that much different... But speaking of Fair Isle, I've been giving the socks in that issue a go - almost to the heel on the first one.

deb said...

I was quite drawn to this sweater too even though I'm not usually a fancy yoke kind of fan.

Rudee said...

It's beautiful, isn't it? I'm thinking of the hat. I want to keep my projects small for right now (with the exception of the shawl). I've never done any fair isle before, but there's no time like the present to learn!

Sunita Mohan said...

Very pretty, Stephanie. But "rainbow spider web"? That was very imaginative of you :D

Stephanie V said...

Thank you all for your help - now I'm more distracted than ever. I almost have to make this one. I see it in a dark gray. Rainbows look good on a gray sky.

Chrissy said...

Very nice blog. WIsh I was as creative as you are. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by my blog.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin