Friday, April 19, 2013

Fifty Fridays # 34

I've kind of been delinquent with these posts.  Sorry, life just gets in the way of blogging sometimes.

Today, I thought I'd share the little boy who became the man who got married in Las Vegas last Sunday.  My little brother.  Funny how all that 'little bro' stuff disappears at our advanced age.


This photo was taken while we lived in Abbotsford. It was a very rural community then and we lived in a drafty old house up on a hill at the end of a long driveway.  At least it's very long in my memory.  No way to find out now as all the farmhouses and the farms are long gone.  In fact, my Dad and I couldn't find the exact location when we went looking a few years ago.  It was one of the last outings we had before he couldn't go out any more.  Even his adult memory found no landmarks to direct us.

It looks like this may have been early spring just going by the tree and shrubs in the background.  Maybe one of the first warm days given the short suit he's wearing.  The sweater sleeves are pushed up but - still - a sweater. I do remember playing in the woods and the field behind our house.  It was very wild as I recall and a great place to play.  Even this young, we were fairly unsupervised outside.  Usually, I was the one in charge since I was two years older.  I learned my bossy habits at a very early age.  Obviously Mom was around to take the picture, though. 

Always a merry and fun-loving baby and little boy, he has grown into the same kind of man.  He ain't heavy...


4 comments:

Cindy said...

There is something about a black/white photo that just makes you stop and take notice. Little brothers, yup I stopped calling him that when he grew up a little. I remember being the one in charge a lot also. We lived in an old house in Quebec, beside the train track and the most I can remember is we were always told to stay off the tracks. Great photo, we have a wedding coming up in August. Happy Friday

Susan Kane said...

Old photos are so amazing in many ways. Like you, going back to that spot is always hard to find.

Rachel Cotterill said...

He looks adorable :) It's always fun to look back at baby pictures.

Angie said...

I would have loved a brother, esp one as cute & happy as this.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin