Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Practise...


...makes perfect. Well, as close to perfect as I ever get. Yesterday afternoon, I was knitting happily on the Angora Triangles sweater. I was even happy knitting angora in the heat. And I was looking forward to being finished the body of the pullover and getting started on the sleeves. As I reviewed how I would be picking up the stitches, I took a very close look at the photo illustration. The construction on this is very different from anything I've ever made. I was going to say weird but that's just too judgmental.

Anyway, I was peering at the photo trying to figure out how the words went with the picture. And then I saw it...the fundamental error I had made halfway through the front. Oh, rats! Sometimes a picture is worth so much more than a 1000 words. Rippit, rippit, rippit.

It's a good thing I was having a really peaceful day. I was either reading, knitting or hooking on the rug that seems to be taking forever. Maybe a bit less focus on that reading stuff. Pictured is the view that contributed to my serenity while I read or hooked ...

It really was a special day. Even us retired folks benefit from a day when there is no place that needs our presence.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin