Monday, June 30, 2008

New toys

Well, one new toy and a hand-me-down. Hey! I'm not proud.

I now have a flat-screen monitor. Been wanting one for a long time and my daughter had one going to the recycling. I am so much more worthy than that. And I have the new web cam hooked up - again thanks to daughter. Now, that IS fun. I can make corny videos - or really serious teaching ones. Political speeches, jokes, tai chi demos...the opportunities are endless. But, really, I can see practical applications for sharing knitting or rug hooking info/techniques. A lot easier to show someone how to do some things than just to talk about it. I'll have to figure out how to post videos, though. Maybe I should wait until I'm asked?

And, I have Skype, too. How much better can life be? I haven't really had an actual phone call so I'm not too sure how it'll work. But, it seems simple enough to fake...my kind of techno-wizardry.
Big things coming to this blog - all depending on abilities of this human mind.

3 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

I'll have to knit a complicated pattern so I can ask you for advice! I was thinking about your webcam the other day and how Skype was working out for you... Let us know!

Stephanie V said...

If only the phone would ring *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I could give you a call, if you want. email me at the regular address.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin