Saturday, October 18, 2008

Success!


This is what I call success!
It's taken me two years to get to this point. When I started as a volunteer coordinator, the Reception team was anything but a team. It was a list of names and a schedule. We had our first coffee & muffin morning exactly two years ago and 12 people came. No one knew each other and many were surprised to see people they sort of knew around the table.

I've gathered them together twice each year and at one of the meetings, there was only 6 people. This time I started advertising in July so they could schedule their lives - since that's always the reason for non-attendance. This year, I had 20 out of 25 on hand. And such a laughing, chattering group they are now. I could never have gotten them to pose for a photo two years ago...and now, look! they're smiling.

Not only have they come together as a group but I have turned over the leadership to one of their members. I'm sure it's the muffins...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin