Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The bright side

Since I'm usually a glass half-full kind of person, I'm trying to see my glass with lemonade in it this morning. Tendonitis in my knee is keeping me from tai chi and walking. I'll have to give the knee complete rest for at least a week and then ease slo-owly back in. These are the lemons.

This means I have more for time working on the stepping stones rug which has languished and progressed very slowly. I'm coming to the realization, too, that I will not have enough of the 'stream' wool to make the rug as big as I intended. Some adjustments will be necessary.


I'll be able to finish the pink cardigan for Becky. It's an old Sirdar pattern and I think it's quite feminine yet grown-up. She really wants purple socks but I don't have the yarn right now so I shall finish this for her first. Purple socks are next in the queue.


Or I can just sit and read while I ice the knee. There's a lovely stack of books just waiting to be enjoyed. Right now I'm in the middle of an Ian Rankin mystery. And we all know that I must finish that one first. I didn't use to be a fan but I picked one of the Inspector Rebus books up last year and I've been hooked ever since.

And, of course, there's the ever-present paperwork. Reports and newsletters; agendas and minutes. I can't see that I'll be bored at all with my enforced rest.

1 comment:

J Diva said...

You could maybe add some soft green algae to the stream maybe.... but I know you are trying to use less colours on this one. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin