Friday, March 11, 2011

Hard times

It just seems so wrong to carry on with plans for lunches, dinners and festivity right now.  It certainly won't help anyone if we don't carry on with our plans to give seniors an opportunity to socialize.  But, it's difficult to concentrate on it.

So many earthquakes all at the same time; so soon after the devastation in New Zealand.   And, we have the added concern that we, on the west coast, are also in this earthquake zone
.
I know that those who are experienced in helping will do so.  Our nations are all offering help as needed and appropriate.   We'll continue with our lives keeping those affected in our thoughts.. 

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Does it seem to you like we are having more and more of these natural disasters?

Mimi said...

Our hearts go out to all the affected people.
I had no idea you would be included in the earthquake zone, so fingers crossed you don't get any tremors.
It is heartening to see how other countries come quickly to help- our world is not such a bad place after all.

Jane said...

I'm still in shock really Stephanie. I can't believe what I'm seeing on the news. The aftershocks are pretty severe too and there have been many.
I have resolved to renew my emergency food supply this week as we too are on the Pacific Rim.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin