So, in the drawer marked 'done' we have Sunshine + Raindrops = Rainbows. Two little baby hats that I put together with elements from here and there. I like the spiral y/o's on the crown. I did the beanie with the ruffled brim first and decided that I didn't want to have to knit so many stitches next time.
So, we have a picot edging that I think looks like raindrops all around. Those who have done a picot bind-off, you know it's not that many fewer stitches. Gotta keep it interesting, you see. Made with an acrylic worsted, these would be warm enough for winter.
I've been having a bit of a sock-knitting withdrawal and I went down the inventory trying to decide on one of the yarns. I chose the one with greens and pastels because it looked so pretty. Hey! That's why I bought it in the first place. But it turned out to be a self-striping yarn. Sigh. I'm a little tired of the stripes (except for kids' socks) and have to search for patterns that work with the stripes. Nothing on ravelry tickled my toes, so you know that means off to the stitch dictionary.
I have several wonderful books with lots of neat lace patterns but most either don't work for socks or are
But when it's on, the pattern and the yarn remind me of wind-surfing sails, waves and surf . So, these are the Windwalker Socks. I plan to make this a free pattern on ravelry. Good thing there are two socks to make. Tweaking the pattern is easier when you have an excuse to do it all over again. The pattern has a natural bias as you knit in the round but can be controlled when knitting straight along the foot. I kind of like the duality there.
Also finished is the dark pink cable and seed stitch scarf. Into the gift box it goes,. And Charlie has chosen the finishing for his blue cardi. He will have a hood - almost completed - and a zip front. It should be ready for its fifteen minutes of fame next week.
That's this week's progress. Oh, and I've crossed four items off the stash list completely. Gone from the chest and transformed into something useful and beautiful.