Friday, February 17, 2012

Made it!

Almost through this week and I have survived.

Only photo I could find
There were some questions in the last comments that I figured I could answer in a post.  I always think if one person asks, then others may want to to know too.  You wanted to know what meetings I had.  For the past three years, I've been president of our local seniors' association.  There is the monthly meeting that I chair  and regular meetings of sub-committees.  There are those incidental meetings which are often really vital to the future.  This past week was full of every kind of meeting.  Must have been some kind of meteor crossing the moon's path maybe.


I am also happy to report that my piano teacher was not cross with me.  She never is.  We had a good practice together and then she gave me some new work.  Pictured are my three pieces to play at our workshop at the end of the month.  She thinks I'll be ready - I'm hoping so.  They look so easy some days and so daunting on others.  It's almost two years ago that I began learning how to play anything at all so I'm trying to be positive when my fingers just don't want to do what is required.  Or is it my brain?


And, yesterday, I was driving home through the rain and this song popped up on the radio playlist.  It reminded me of living in Victoria in the 70's.  Funny how a song can bring back such vivid memories.  I remember planting marigolds along the sidewalk in front of our rented house.  It's a sunny day and my two-year-old daughter is helping me.  Not sure why "Chelsea Morning" led my mind to that memory but it was a good one.  Where does it take you?

5 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Joni Mitchell always takes me somewhere and it's always good. So, come on down to the Mermaid cafe and I will buy you a bottle of wine; and we'll laugh and toast to nothing and smash our glasses down!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love that song and everything Joni! I have quite a few of her C.D's...have you heard Amelia? Her songs bring back memories of us living in an apartment with a little two year old son...

Tanna said...

Thank you so much for answering our questions! I'm so impressed with your learning to play the piano. It almost seems like magic to me (I have not a musical bone in my body). I loved your memories brought back by song. That one doesn't stir any particular memory for me... but, I have several that do. ;) blessings ~ Tanna

The Armchair Squid said...

Joni Mitchell is always a great choice. Good luck with A-Z. I look forward to your posts.

Rudee said...

You need some invisible earbuds for your next meeting and an unending supply of Joni Mitchell!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin