Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday stash

This week I really have been reducing stash.  For the past while, it's been more about using recycled yarn.  So far this year,  I've made three sweaters using wool frogged from two older sweaters which are now too big for me. 


The Big Easy is another winner!  Oh, I love this cardi.  So easy to knit it was ridiculous.  And just as easy to wear.  Warm and toasty without having long sleeves to get in my way.  And just enough garter stitch for a hit of texture.   I can see this being worn a lot.  A much better use for the yarn than sitting in a box under the bed.  I'm glad I did it. 


And I made up two little bitty sweaters for donation.  I had some extra pink acrylic, so I knit up the same baby pullover, Telemark, as last week.  However, I thought it needed an extra touch of girliness, so I added a picot edging on sleeves and collar.  Looks pretty comfy to me. 


And this one is Just Ducky.    I found this pretty spring green yarn in the cedar chest just waiting to be used.  I don't know why I've passed it by before.  The pattern is Baby Sophisticate...I replaced the shawl collar with a continuous band.  Somehow the shawl collar didn't look right in such a feminine color.  I love the little duckie buttons that I found -  I was so happy there were four. 

Speaking of buttons: they are the reason the red Dragon cardi is still not finished.  I can't decide on the buttons.  The way the pattern works is to have them just button through openings in the border pattern.  But that means quite small buttons.  I'm thinking of just making it a zip front.  Stay tuned for some kind of decision being made by next Saturday.  I want to wear it!

Today, the sump pump is being replaced.  Of course, they don't make the kind that's currently in place.  Don't you hate when that happens?

12 comments:

Catherine said...

I love your cardi! I am sitting looking at my stash and having minor panic attacks at where to start so I need a push - you might just have done that! I've actually sold two frilly scarves I made and am chuffed at my entrepreneurship! It was via Facebook too so nothing like social media as a means to generating income!
Love your blog, have a look over at mine as I posted some cool pattern and knit books I got recently in the cities.
Catherine xxx

Unknown said...

I LOVE baby sophisticate! Thanks for sharing the link. And the blue one for you looks very practical. since I had to wash stains of coffee, paint numerous times from the bottom of my sleeves:) Have a great weekend, Stephanie:)

Anonymous said...

I love the little picot edge on the pink one. Great cardi on you.

Joyful said...

They are all so nice. The blue cardi looks great on you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

My favorite has to be the first sweater, I love both design and color! Hope the new sump pump installation goes well!

Mimi said...

If there's one thing I love it's a picot edging, just so pretty and feminine.
Your blue cardi is gorgeous, certainly looks sophisticated, not like it was an easy knit!.
You're making great headway with the stash; I'm trying to remember when you started, will have to look back and see how many things you've completed. I suspect...a lot!
Hope your new sump pump is in place by now!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so glad I checked below for your post I missed. I would NOT have wanted to miss the owls!! So glad you finally found them!!!! And you DID get some good pictures!

Stephanie V said...

Mimi - I started July 2011. If you click on the Ravelry button on my sidebar you will go to my page. Click on my Projects, then again on 'pledgeprojects'. They're all there. It looks so much more impressive all gathered together :)

To all - sump pump is in and working happily. The install was actually pretty easy. But cold..brr.

Rose said...

All your FOs are beautiful! I've been working on baby sweaters too; have three almost done. Hoping to finish up at least one of them tomorrow. If I do, you know I'll post photos!

Tanna said...

love. love. love your Big Easy!! I am putting that one in my 'to do' list. I bought yarn for the Baby Sophisticate last Friday. Love that little pattern. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday! blessings ~ tanna

Rudee said...

I love the interesting detail only directional knitting can provide. The Big Easy cardi does not disappoint. It's absolutely beautiful! Well done, Stephanie.

Ladydragonfly1958 said...

Wow! These are wonderful. You are so talented. I wish I could knit. I have tried several times to no avail. I can crochet though. I love to work with my hands.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin