Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Wonders - I

I is for Interiors.


I admit that I am a pretty snoopy curious person.  I like to know what's going on behind the door. 
 

What's inside this sod house at L'Anse aux Meadows?


Looks like it could be a blacksmith's forge.  It was lovely and cool inside the earth walls.  I'm equally sure it would be one of the warmest places in the cold winter months.  


I think that's why I like the macro lens so much.  Flowers have an interior life that's always intriguing, always beautiful. 

This clever mural in a visitors' center fooled me.  It looks flat but each house painting is actually on a box.  The front doors open and you can see what the house looks like on the inside. 


This is interiors everywhere.  Reflections show what we're doing,  where we are, where we're going. Confusing but effective in it's way.

 It's easy to see the outside... it's more fun to take time to explore the interior.  


5 comments:

Rudee said...

>What's inside this sod house at L'Anse aux Meadows?

A Hobbit, of course!

Mimi said...

Lol at Rudee's comment!
I love the idea of those houses, they seem to have very intricate detailing, and I'm guessing that's another thing you like about them.
Interiors are exciting, I even love those magazines that show the interior of someone's house!

Joanna said...

Great shots for a great I-word. Like you I am snoopy and always want to know what's inside.

Empty Nester said...

That mural is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. That mound house is way different than the ones on Sullivan's Island...the ones on the island are old army bunkers or something like that and have about 6,000 square feet! We used to know a lady who lived in one- when she aged, her kids moved her out and sold it. Shame.

Rachel Cotterill said...

It's always hard to resist the urge to take a peek :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin