Friday, September 17, 2010

New arrivals!

Look what just got here!



Well it should be, who just got here, really.  Deb and the girls just arrived and they drove through orchard country - and shopped - just for us.  We have peaches, pears, apples, plums and butternut squash.  She was taking orders for whatever us West Coasters  thought we might need.  So, we have pears and squash and peaches.  Maria has the rest. 

 Pear-ginger jam,  squash soup and fresh-frozen peach slices for my  breakfast.  Oh, the winter won't be so gray after all.

7 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

Hope you'll share some of the mouth watering pies with us!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Goodness, I would love to have them for a houseguest any time! When I saw "New Arrivals" I thought you had gotten new yarn colors! They are always so pretty.

Mimi said...

I was sure it was new sock yarn!
Lovely present to bring, and it will certainly add colour to your winter plate.

SquirrelQueen said...

Okay, I thought you meant yarn too but this is even better. Which orchard country? It looks like goodies from our area. The local crop of Honeycrisp apples are delicious this year.

Stephanie V said...

Jeanette- not sure there'll be pies from this lot. But maybe later with that frozen stuff.

Ginny, Mimi - sorry to disappoint. Check back tomorrow for yarn post.

Squirrel Queen - that's too funny that everyone thought I had new yarn. I'm glad I'm not totally predictable.

These are from the Okanagan valley which is not so far from you. These are Spartan apples as they were wanted for sauce. Of course, they're pretty good to eat, too. I've never had a Honeycrisp. Must visit over your way sometime.

Rachel Cotterill said...

Ooh you're going to have so much fun :D We have loads of apples at the moment, not much else...

Anonymous said...

It is good helping each other ;-)
Just few km's from where I live, there's a big orchard, why we most of the year can buy apples and pears, and in a few months plums.

Have a nice weekend ;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin