Tuesday, September 22, 2009

KAL started

We all started our KAL projects a couple of days early last Sunday. Last night I had finished what I called Stage One. Probably the simplest part of this whole cardi - it was 6.5 inches of plain knitting.


I'm now halfway through Stage Two: waist shaping - I haven't counted how many stages there are in all. After this part it starts to get interesting with three things happening at once. Dire warnings in the pattern about reading before leaping into action.

You should know that I take direction really well (!) and usually do not get too tied in knots about what's coming next. But with the trickiness of the next stage, I decided to read the whole thing through using some concentration. Yikes! Three pages later, I wondered what kind of mind would dream this up. Now, the cardigan is gorgeous so I'm happy that she did dream it up. But really! I was curious and read some previously ignored notes that the designer is an out-of-work physicist. 'Nuf said!!

I know it's not going to be as hard as it's printed to be...that's just knitese and I've been reading that stuff for years. But, it'll be a very interesting ride. Stay on board...here we go!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I look forward to seeing your progress on this Stephanie. I'm in awe.

Stephanie said...

New here but had to comment! You are so talented! I am so inspired by creative people:)

EG CameraGirl said...

The yarn is a pretty colour! But what are you doing reading my comment? Pick up those needles and keep clicking! ;-)

Rudee said...

I love that color!

I'm going to wait to see how you do before I take this sweater on! I'm about half way through the wrap. I'm so pleased with the yarn I selected and now I'm on the hunt for the perfect, funky buttons.

Mimi said...

Fidget fidget, you've put the longing on me to knit.
Now all my wool is in storage off daughter's bedroom, and I literally can't get to it- she's one who "hangs" her clothes on the floor.
Am I giving a very bad impression of my house-keeping/parenting skills? I get her to pick up once every few weeks so it can be hoovered, but in jig time it's back as bad as ever.
But, Stephanie, your knitting is fab- that yarn has knitted up lovely, the colour is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin