Thursday, February 4, 2010

Birth year Reading Challenge

Have you seen this reading challenge yet?


Just click here for all the details.  There's prizes and everything!  And you have until November 30 to achieve whatever goal you set for yourself.

I have been doing some research and here are the best sellers for my birth year taken from the New York Times book lists:

The King's General by Daphne du Maurier
Arch of Triumph by Erich Maria Remarque
This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell
The Hucksters by Frederic Wakeman
East River by Sholem Asch
B.F.'s Daughter by John P. Marquand

And there was one non-fiction title that year:  Peace of Mind by Joshua L. Leibman




I can change this list - add or subtract - at any time.  So, this may be a preliminary list - I thought I could start with best sellers.   I'm sure I'll have to haunt used book stores as a few of these books will probably be out of print. 

Thanks to hip chick and Mary T for the alert...


7 comments:

Rudee said...

Well, this looks interesting. I'm off to check it out.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This was real interesting! Books that looked interesting the year I was born are: The Sheltering Sky,A Rage To Live,1984,Father Of The Bride, Death Be Not Proud.

Anonymous said...

That is a neat challenge, I'll have a look at it as well.

Glennis said...

Any thing by Taylor Caldwell would be worth reading, not sure if I have read that one but I have read many of them.

Unknown said...

What a cool idea! I do LOVE to read. :)

Rose said...

What a cool idea; I'll have to look at the list for my birth year.

Mimi said...

S, I saw this over at Mary T's, and as the deadline is November for joining, I think I can do it too - during the summer holidays!
Will be fun to compare lists and books!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin