Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Stash

This has been a white week.  No, no, we had none of that wintery white stuff.  I have just had my head down working to the finish line again.


And finished it is.  I mentioned before the way I knit faster when I fear I may run out of yarn.  Sort of like I can outrun the dwindling ball.  But there is another thing, too.  When I can see the end of a big project, I just get tunnel vision.  Nothing else matters but to finish.  I hope Wendy likes it as much as I do.  It will be perfect for walking those dogs.  Or taking photos of dogs.  Or playing with the dogs.  Whatever.  And I think I have a blue sweater in the cupboard that needs frogging.  If I kiss it enough, maybe I can turn it into another princess. It's a nice pattern.


Then, of course, when you're finished you get a reward.  Starting a new project is probably the best reward going.  After finishing the KAL mitts, I had some of the BFL sport yarn left in that beautiful magenta color.  I still had a sweater's worth of undyed BFL left.  So, I dyed it.  I intended it to come out a bit lighter but the first bath was way too light.  So, I tried again and was pleasantly surprised.  There are all kinds of tonal variations which I think is one of the real attractions of hand-dyeing. For a change the camera captured the lilac - this is pretty true to the color.

I had been eyeing the Dolman Cardigan above which is in the new Debbie Bliss magazine.  OK, OK, yes, I bought the magazine but there was LOTS more in it.  I really do enjoy her designs and find myself turning to them often.  This one is so vintage-inspired that I can remember when everyone wore a cardi like this.  My stripes will be the darker pink that was left over.  Now, I can hardly wait for the yarn to dry and get those needles going.  I've never had a pink sweater before.  I can hardly wait. 

4 comments:

SueH said...

I love that white cable jumper!

Looking fwd to seeing that pink yarn knitted up - the cardi looks a treat! :-)

Paws on the Run said...

That's so exciting!!! I love it! I can't wait to wear it! YOU ROCK! :)

Mimi said...

White sweater turned out GORGEOUS!
I love your hand dyed yarn too, that's something I'm determined to try sometime, and your pink is the colour I would wish for.
Can't wait to see the cardi knitted up!

Rudee said...

The white sweater is quite beautiful! The recipient is truly lucky.

This?

"If I kiss it enough, maybe I can turn it into another princess."

Made me laugh and laugh. Thanks for that!

Your lilac colored yarn looks like spring. I can see you in that beautiful Debbie Bliss card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin