Friday, January 15, 2010

Gifts

I've finally decided on some projects for my gift yarns...

I didn't really want to make socks with the lovely, soft  Mini Mochi and I've been wondering what I could do.  Inspiration popped as I was trolling the Ravelry pattern database.   I found a lovely scarf pattern which I thought could be effective in this richly dyed yarn.  Thanks to Bonnie Sennott and her Falling Water pattern.



And I've cast on the sock yarn, too.  I was looking for a pattern that had enough to keep my interest and yet was easy to remember.  This is it -  Spring Forward by Linda Welch.



Both patterns are free on Ravelry.  If you knit and you haven't signed up yet...do it! It's fun and helpful. 

7 comments:

Rudee said...

Falling water is a pretty pattern. It's perfect for your yarn choice. I'm liking both of your selections.

Rose said...

Ooh, both are beautiful! Thanks for the links too.

Anonymous said...

Great combinations of yarn and paattern.

deb said...

They both look great!! Can't wait to see the finished products!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The top photo ios stunning. That yarn is just georgous. Your pattern looks a little bit like the cable stitch, but with a twist. So fresh and new looking!

Lindy said...

Such beautiful yarns. I think you've made perfect pattern choices for both.

Jane said...

Both of these look beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin