But three - count 'em! - three fellow bloggers have awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you to Joanna, Julie B and Sheila for this compliment. I am honored that you all enjoy visiting my corner of the world.
As with all awards, there are some rules. First, I must link back to these kind friends. Check. Second I must tell you 7 things about myself. OK. here goes:
1. I'm a fresh-air fiend. If I could I'd have a screened (and well-roofed) sleeping porch, I'd be out there with my duvet every night. Camping and sleeping in tents isn't quite the same. It's not very comfy, it's hard to get up off the ground now and the air in a tent is not what I would call fresh. I have woken up after a rainy night in a tent with a soaked sleeping bag. An outdoor bedroom sounds perfect. Think of the decorating possibilities!
2. I like to walk. I like the motion of walking but, even more, I like looking in people's yards and seeing their gardens. I like to notice little changes: a new front door or maybe a coat of new paint going on. I like to be close enough to the ground that I can see the little things. Driving by in a car, I just miss so much.
3. In another life, I must have been a bird. I'm very fond of seeds, nuts and the hard crusty breads - preferably with lots of seedy stuff inside. I just don't know what kind of bird. If I could choose, it would be a chickadee.
4. I am an original Baby Boomer. When the term was first coined, it meant all us right-after-the-war babies. Then it got expanded to mean the whole generation of our siblings. I was a bit choked to have to share. Probably part of my Boomer heritage.
5. I like bright and shiny things. Bright colors, glitter and glow-in-the-dark plastic. I love rhinestones and crystal. I like fiesta-bright colors of lime, yellow, turquoise and magenta. I don't wear them
6. I have an out-of-date license to scuba dive. Something I learned many years ago and enjoyed. But I only used it in the warm waters of Hawaii. Way too cold here.
7. I have, according to my piano teacher, reached the Grade One level. I can play with two hands now. Wahoo!
There. That's checked off. The last rule is to pass this award on to other Stylish Bloggers. There are so many to choose from, but I'm going to pick just a few.
Trails of Hats and Hospitalitea
There's Just Life
The Johnson Diaries
Rockin' Chair Reflections
I hope you enjoy visiting their Stylish blogs as much as I do.