Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chatting on the porch

I can't believe it's wednesday already!  I know, I know.  Time does fly but sometimes it just whizzes by!  This week seemed so laid-back and time just seemed irrelevant.  Guess not.

Come on down the road...join us on Patrice's front porch for a bit of conversation now that the kids have truly headed off to school.   Today's questions are guaranteed to start the gray cells percolating...

1.  If you could bring someone to Patrice's porch to join in on our chat, who would you bring?  That's such a tough one to answer.  Part of the reason I like hanging out on the porch is that I meet and chat with folks I don't see everyday.  So, I'm going to dream.  If I could, I'd bring my Mom.  She's been gone for almost 30 years but I think she'd enjoy meeting everyone.  I think she'd enjoy what she called  a 'natter' while sitting in the shade.  

2. What's your favorite thing to make when fall rolls around? (Can be food, or maybe a craft.) Now this one's real easy.  Soup.  Glorious soup.  Lots of soup.  Preferably some kind of vegetable - hold the meat and cream - and as many as possible. Fresh veg are best but as the season goes on, it's whatever I find in the fridge or freezer.  Yum!  Can't wait. 

3.  How many times a month do you go to a library or bookstore?  I'm somewhat erratic with the library.  It can be twice a week or twice a month depending on the choices I've made.  I don't really buy new books but I do put my toe through the door of our local store every now and then.  I also poke around in the used book store at least once a month. 

4.  What things make blogs the best?   That's a lot more complicated than it sounds.  And maybe easier to answer the other way around.  But I'll stay positive.  I am drawn to blog writers who are passionate about their subject - whatever it is.  I might not have the same passion but I can enjoy theirs.  Photos  are added value but I prefer a few rather than a lot.  I always want the story behind the photos so I guess it's the writing I crave.  Words.  It's always about the words. 

5.  If someone would pay for you to take a class (any class- college-private-online-at a craft store-the sky's the limit here, my friends), what class would you take?   Oh, another toughie.  There's so much to learn - and all of it fun.  But, since the sky's the limit I think I'd have to choose flying lessons.  I have just the teensiest fear of flying.  I'm pretty sure it's a control issue.  That,  plus I don't actually believe that planes can stay up in the air LOL  - kind of like bumblebees.  It works but I don't see how.  So, maybe if I learned how to make it happen I'd become a believer.  Thanks for the offer!

If you want to meet some new people, drop in at Everyday Rurality.  I think we'll be here a while.  It's such a lovely day...sunny and peaceful.

8 comments:

Farm Girl said...

How very nice to meet you and yes, we could meet and hook rugs which would be so much fun. After your flying lesson of course. :)
I am glad you like words, I think I have always been drawn to words as well.
So enjoyed your answers today and getting to get acquainted.
Kim

Empty Nester said...

I love soup too! I've been making it for two days in the crock pot ---trying to bring in autumn quickly! I don't think learning to fly will help me with my fear of flying...since it's related to claustrophobia and all. LOL

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm with you on the soup, but it is our favorite food, so we even make it all summer, too. You will find us sipping in 100 degrees! The class would be to learn more computer and photo editing stuff. Book stores not as often as before, maybe once every month or two. And I'm like you, I can think of what makes blogs NOT good more easily, and that would be so much writing that just goes on forever and takes up too much time. Unless it's exceptionally interesting.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Soup is an all-round thing here too - but our summer temps hardly got out of the 50s...

Mmmm - flying - I'm not sure whether I'd feel safer knowing *I* was doing the flying - I think maybe ignorance is bliss would be my way of thinking!

Nice to have 'met' you
Anne (in not-so-warm Scotland!) x

Patrice said...

I love soup, and I'm totally smitten with words. They're glorious! I actually had a few flying lessons once and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I'd be as brave now. Have a great rest of the week and thanks for dropping by my porch.

Angie said...

Ouch on the writing.... I'm not much good am I? Sorry. Plus I don't say a lot in comments :( double sorry.

Talli Roland said...

Yum soup! :)

I'm drawn to bloggers who are passionate about their subject, too.

Manzanita said...

You have a fun and interesting blog. I used to hook rugs but haven't in some time. I was excited to find a bin tucked in the shed with my old knitting supplies and yarn. My winter project. :)
Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin