Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday wonders - S

S is for Soul food.  Sometimes a side trip off your own beaten track can do wonders for the soul.  Yesterday, we took a friend up Cypress Mountain - mainly because she'd never been there.



Along the way we stopped to check out a view and looked up to see an avalanche of motorcycles coming into the parking area - this is just one view.  These men and women are part of the Westcoast Ride to Live Club and were remembering 9/11 with this ride.



We finally arrive at the top. Hard to believe in its summer duds,  but this was the site of snowboarding events at the 2010 Winter Olympics. 


We then found a trail which took us through the forest...
 
where we found berries to eat...


past lots of bunchberry flowers...


grasses going to seed so elegantly...

old-growth trees...


lily-laden ponds...


and a peaceful lake....


We ended with a picnic lunch shared among friends...simple and just perfect.

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This was a lovely trip, filled with various adventures. And my favorite shot is the pretty green Olympic rings. The next to last picture looks like Aspen, Colorado. How did you know it was safe to eat the berries?

Rudee said...

Every photo is worthy of a postcard. It looks just beautiful.

I love the tablecloth.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Absolutely gorgeous scenery! Makes me want to go on a picnic.

Empty Nester said...

Simple and perfect AND absolutely gorgeous! I feel like I've been on that outing with y'all! So beautiful!

Jeannette StG said...

Your trip was very well worth it! And a picknic lunch -a great idea!

Murr Brewster said...

I embiggened your lovely lake to look for skeeters, but I didn't find any. So I'm coming up.

Talli Roland said...

Oh, wonderful! Looks like the weather was ideal, too. You have made me miss Canada now.

Joanna said...

A lovely day. Thanks for sharing it.

Cindy of PEI said...

I so enjoy taking a trip through someone else, my favourite is looking up under old trees especially in the Fall when all the leaves have gone and the tree looks so eerie.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin