Saturday, March 28, 2009

Discovery

This morning I was digging into that pile of photos for my Sunday challenge. I found these flower pictures that Anne has taken at various times. They aren't related except as garden shots. But each one is interesting.

The one above reminded me of a pig. Even more, it made me think of Alice's adventure through the Looking Glass. You know, where she meets a woman holding the baby who looks like a pig. I seem to remember the baby sneezing because of black pepper, too. Can't you see the pink Victorian bonnet? Or pig ears.

Meet Alchemilla mollis. She was a must-have plant quite a few years ago and has now multiplied to a nice border along the sidewalk. I needed to have one because I had been told about the drop of water that remained in the leaf after the rain. I still think it's a very peaceful sight. She does get quite blowsy with her chartreuse flowers, though.

And when I came across this picture, I could feel the warm sun on the grass. On a gray day like today, it's nice to have some sunshine even if it's just a photo.

1 comment:

Paws on the Run said...

That is definitely a pig!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin