Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Travellin' socks

OK, I know I said that was the end of the travel pictures. But, it's Ruby Tuesday!

I started these socks on our road trip. It's amazing how much you can get knit while sitting on a beach watching the birds and the waves.



I think these are the most outspoken socks I've ever knit. This yarn is outrageous in its many splendid bright colors. The random striping is really well done and there seems to be only one regular stripe section. The resulting fabric reminds me of a Scottish tartan or maybe a lumberjack shirt. Sure would be easy to spot in the woods!

But, since today is Cinco de Mayo, these may just become Fiesta Socks. Worn with ruby slippers, of course.

2 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

That's some pair of socks, Stephanie! Welcome to Ruby Tuesday! I'm glad you've decided to participate. Stick with us and you'll have fun looking at all the posts... :)

Raven said...

What nifty socks! I love them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin