Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday wonders - K

K is for Kids and Kin.


I love to look at the old family photos.  So many from the past are formal with the whole family lined up for the itinerant photographer.


And there are some that include the whole family in a very casual setting.  This is one of my favorites...I always wonder if Grampy hadn't just brought home a new car and the kids were getting acquainted.


I love to look at my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles when they were kids.  What do you suppose has just happened to create these expressions?


Kids don't seem to change through the years.

I've taken the color out to keep that b/w continuity.  Kids and kin - unchangeable. 

4 comments:

Rudee said...

I love that second photo with everyone hang in and on the car. Priceless!

Mimi said...

I too love the photo around the car.
I suppose in those days, photos were an "event". I do remember my Mum lining us up to take photos with her box camera!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Old family pictures are wonderful. The expression on those three boys faces is absolutly priceless! I don't know when it was taken, but way back, you had to be still for a frightfully long time, perhaps their time was up before the photographer was!

Jane said...

Beautiful old photos.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin