Friday, July 29, 2011

Close-up

Thanks for comments about the quilt.  I'm almost embarrassed to talk about this.  I believe that I began it in late 2009.  The goal back then was to have it ready for my grandson's 3rd birthday.  Well, his 5th has just passed and it still isn't finished.


Just after I set it on the frame, I fell and hurt my back.  Then, I couldn't sit for long periods of time with my arms held out or up and bent over my work.  I left it on the frame and looking at it every day has finally motivated me to get going again.  I can manage longer periods now without aching - but nothing like what I have done in the past.  I really hope to have this done before he's out of kindergarten! 


Something else that's been a long time coming:  our pea blossoms.  Isn't this just the sweetest flower?  We planted one crop of peas but the weather was too cold and wet for them to get going.  Replanted and waited...and waited...waited.   There's been lots of green growth but not one bloom.  Now all of a sudden there are tons.  If there's hope for the peas, then the quilt is going to be OK, too. 

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

That is a very sweet pea. And the quilt is beautiful!!! I enlarged it twice, and I love the fabric print, it makes me happy!!! This should be a family heirloom.

Unknown said...

No need to be embarrassed, Stephanie! Am glad you're doing better with your back! And the sweet pea flower is very beautiful!

Empty Nester said...

Is there anything you can't do? That quilt is lovely! I absolutely adore quilts! But have not the faintest idea how to go about making one.

The pea blossom is so sweet!

I hope to get started on the shopping bag soon! Thanks for sending the pattern. It looks like something I'll be able to follow! First, I have to put together a scrapbook for Birdie--she had a homesick spell yesterday and Deanie said the scrapbook I made for her helped her homesickness when she first moved to DC. Poor Birdie! I had to keep it together on the phone and give her a pep talk but I wanted to cry with her!

Mimi said...

Now I feel awful, cos I was one of those who commented on the quilt.
However long it takes (and I have projects on the go much longer than that!) it will be so beautiful when finished.
I agree that it will be a family heirloom.
And I agree that you are one very talented lady!

J.G. said...

Goodness, I think most of us have projects like that! Life just gets in the way sometimes.

I hadn't seen pea blossoms until this year and they are one of the most beautiful flowers anywhere. Your photo captures that wonderfully!

Angie said...

Unfortunately I have not been able to see any pics for 2 two days! (You are not the only blog I have trouble with.)It really is a pain.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin