Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Down the road

Oh dear, oh dear!  I feel like the White Rabbit...I seem to be a day late.  Hope everyone is still there chatting on the front porch.  Maybe they went inside when it got dark.

In any case, I have finally arrived and I see that Patrice has some great questions for this week:

1. Are you afraid of heights or small places?  Not of small spaces.  I'm actually more comfortable working in small - usually cluttered - spaces.  And I'm not exactly afraid of heights.  I'm just not sure that I won't fling myself off.  I don't always feel confident that the railing will be solid.  Stuff like that.  Discomfort more than fear 'cuz I still look over cliff edges.  Not too sure about living on a very high floor in an apartment building, though.  I'm used to having my bed close to the ground. 

2. What was on top of your wedding cake? (If you're not married- What was on top of your favorite birthday cake?)  I honestly don't remember.  But someone else talked about fresh flowers and that made me think that there were some kind of flowers on it.  Not fresh - probably icing.  The colors were shades of yellow so that would have been on the cake too, I think. 


3. What was something you took for granted in school that you'd pay better attention to now if you could do it over?  That's a tough one.   I actually was a pretty earnest student and paid attention to most things. Maybe just the dedication of most of my teachers.  I didn't really appreciate some of them at all.  Looking back, I can see that they did deserve much more respect than I gave them at the time. 

4.  What's your favorite type of tea or coffee? (ie: Chai tea, green tea, English Breakfast tea)  I haven't drunk coffee for over ten years.  It's always tea - lots of it.  I prefer an English Breakfast-type tea.  I like it fairly strong and I'm not too snobby.  I don't care for the perfume-y teas.  And I haven't got the energy - or inclination - to spend a lot of time being a connoiseur. 

5.  Would you rather drive the car, or be a passenger?  Drive, drive, drive.  I love to drive - anyone, anywhere, anytime.  Being a passenger is very difficult.  I get car-sick and being in the driver's seat makes that go away.  But the truth is, I just enjoy it.  One of the best jobs I had was driving a bus full of kids to and from school. 


Yes, I'm really driving!

If you'd like to join in the conversation, come visit with  us at Everday Rurality. I don't think it matters if we're a tiny bit late.  I'm off now  to hear (well, see) what everyone else is saying.

8 comments:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

OMG - the car looks just like one I had eons ago!

Rudee said...

I love your car. It's the color and sportiness that appeals.

BTW, I restored my parent's cake top and used it on my own wedding cake. When they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, it made another appearance.

I have no idea where it is now. Perhaps lost forever.

Stephanie V said...

Just in case no one realizes - the car photo is at least 40 years old :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Your Mustang looks awesome. Shhh, you didn't have tell anyone the photo is 40 years old. lol. I love the look of the older models, don't you? Today's version aren't quite as sharp looking.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! It was great spending time with you on Patrice's farmhouse porch!

Empty Nester said...

Girl, check you out in that sporty car! I'm scared of both heights and small spaces- which is one of the main reasons I don't fly anywhere! You drove a school bus and STILL have your sanity?! I'm impressed!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am scared to death of heights! I live at the base of the Skyline Drive, but can't go on it because it is up on the mountain and winding, and NO GUARDRAILS!! I like and dislike the same kind of tea as you. Is that your current car?? Too cool!!!

Breathing In Grace said...

I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your visits to Wise Old Owl. I've decided to combine my blogs so you can find me now at Jeremiah 29:11. There's a page at the top called Wise Old Owl!!! If you get a chance, I would love for you to visit me there!!! HOPE you have a great week!

Patrice said...

I'd rather drive too. I make a rotten passenger! Hope to see you on the porch next week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin