Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Stash

This post is late because I was madly finishing the Subtle Parisienne beret.  I had to have something to show for the past two weeks.



So, she is finished but not blocked.  I love the way it turned out but I'm hoping that it blocks into a better size.  Right now it's not quite a grown-up size.  As you know, Nefertiti is slightly less than life-size.  I would like to try the pattern again...it's very easy.  Maybe with a slightly larger needle size - although I did have gauge. 


I have also finished the White Lightning socks.  And, once again, the small pout.  I took both these projects with me on our trip.  But I didn't bring the first sock.  So, my ribbing is slightly shorter on number two because I thought I'd finished that part before I packed it away.  Sort of a natural stopping place, I thought.  But I over-estimated my cleverness.   So, not totally happy with these.  I hope the recipient is forgiving.


The weather has turned cooler - had to put the furnace on yesterday!  Now is the time to get out that felted clog pattern that I've been wanting to make for at least two years.  I do have to find it...my daughter has sent it to me twice.  I think I did something very sensible with it the last time so I'd not lose it again.  But I fear for my ability to be clever.

Back to the needles.  I have so much still to finish.

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love that colored zig-zag pattern on the beret, however did you do that, I'm impressed! Did you make those slippers?

Laura said...

That hat is GORGEOUS!!!
Lx

Empty Nester said...

Gorgeous as usual! I've started a sailboat pattern baby blanket for one of Breezy's good friends. And I've already messed it up and have to start over...because I don't know how to undo just to the error. I love knitting. LOL

Mimi said...

But the beauty of making something by hand is that sometimes there are little errors or differences. Bit like us humans really; our 2 feet are not identical sizes! So the socks will probably fit perfectly.
Lol re the clever "putting away" of the pattern, I do that regularly, too clever for myself!
You're still going great with the stash project, must be getting itchy to buy new yarn soon!!

Rudee said...

I think the recipient would be thrilled to have a pair of hand knit socks--flaws and all. The beret is adorable.

Angie said...

While you get out the boots & scarves I need to put all mine away. Have a great day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin