Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday wonders - W

W is for Wish.


Have you ever wished on a star?


Or made a wish as you blew out  the candle(s) on your birthday cake?


Only for kids, you say?  I don't believe it.  I still make wishes - and I believe they will come true.   Mostly they do...so maybe I make very realistic wishes?  I think of the wish...and then I think: how silly.  And then, I think: well,  could happen.  You just never know, do you? 

My mother always told me that if I stopped believing - in Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, whatever...then the magic would cease.  I took that to mean the goodies wouldn't be there any more.  I'm sure her real intent was to keep me from disillusioning the younger kids, but it has had a life-long effect on me.  I'm still making wishes!

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE the first picture, those big eyes!! It looks to be from the fifties. Are you the girl with the cake? Or maybe the baby?

Stephanie V said...

Nope, not me. Those are my daughter and son.

Empty Nester said...

I still make wishes, and so do the lovelies! Remember, I just had a Santa encounter last week! LOL

Such a sweet birthday picture!

Mimi said...

Yes, Stephanie, I do make wishes too, and it's fun, whether they come true or not.
Lovely post, lovely pictures. Post reminds me of that Jim Croce song and the bit "if words could make wishes come true"...love that song!

Rudee said...

It's wise to keep faith. It's such a shame when adults lose the magic.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin