Monday, October 3, 2011

Speaking of towels

Just to be perfectly clear...I like clean sheets, too!  In fact, that's one of the perks of hotel living.  All that cleanliness. 


There's a funny thing going on with towels, though.  Have you seen these notices in hotel rooms?  I always try to comply and leave my towel on a rack for a second day's use.  
But, after the clean team has been and gone, lo! a fresh set of towels piled fluffily in the bathroom. 

So, how come?  The only time I have seen this request actually honored is on cruise ships.  I guess their commitment to water conservation is necessarily more stringent. 

In my heart, I'm glad to have the fresh towel.  But, my head knows it's just wrong. 

4 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

The same always happens to me. That is a huge pet peeve of mine!!

Empty Nester said...

I like fresh towels too. But I'm not a fan of staying in hotels. I don't trust the cleanliness anymore. Now that I'm more aware. Thanks to the freaking media. LOL

Penny McKinlay said...

One of my pet peeves too!

Mimi said...

Me too! And I thought it was just me, and that I hadn't followed the instructions properly.
Maybe they don't train the staff in those instructions?
I do agree with your last observation, Stephanie!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin